Friday 27 February 2015

Coffee Date Interview 4 - Alison








Name: Alison Weir

Job Title: Senior Policy Manager


1. Did you have a career plan or just meandered your way into your present job?
Definitely meandered - I started on a 6-month temporary contract and have clocked up more than 20 years!

2. Anything is possible,what would you want to do?
Good question! I'm not sure I've ever figured that one out (see the answer above!) Cornwall has its attractions!

3. What’s you top tip for staying on top of things and getting stuff done?
Focus and organisation - keep the main priorities in mind and try not to get distracted by other tasks or what's happening around you. But bear in mind that the priorities might change, so don't get too blinkered either.

4. What’s the last thing you do at work before leaving?
Stop for a quick chat with colleagues I haven't seen during the day.

5. Do you have a mid afternoon power snack?
And mid-morning!

6. When is your most productive time of the day?
Definitely morning - after that first half-hour until thoughts turn to lunch!

7. What song will guarantee to make you feel better?
It varies, but Pass it on by The Coral is a good one (or Brimful of Asha by Cornershop or Boys Don't Cry by The Cure or A New England by Billy Bragg (slightly, strange, but I like singing along!)

8. What was the worst job you ever had and what did it teach you?
A summer job in a cake factory. I was horribly shy and found my colleagues rather scary (to be fair, some were!) The lesson was that I'd need to learn to engage with all sorts of people throughout my working life - I think I've made progress!

9. Marmite- yes or no?
Yes!

10. Mary Berry or Delia Smith?
Mary Berry - she seems to have much more fun than Delia!

11. Bond or Bourne?
Depends which Bond...........

12. Early Bird or Night Owl?
Early Bird, unless I have a night out planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...