Monday 9 March 2015

Hannah Fox's Diary 7 - Wedding Anniversary

I know I normally write on Thursdays but I just had to write this down because I had such a lovely weekend.

That restaurant is fabulous and it was really nice to get dressed up and spend time together.  The food was amazing and our delicious raspberry mille feuille dessert got us reminiscing about how we met as that was what we had on our first date together all those years ago in France.

We met when Darren was on a skiing holiday in the resort where I was working. I'd just been promoted to Resort Manager and he became my first real emergency. He had an incident getting off the drag lift which resulted in two broken skis, one twisted knee (Darren's) and a concussed Italian ski instructor!  I met him back in the resort looking really sorry for himself and arranged his medical treatment.  It was a real surprise when I received a stunning bouquet of flowers with a very sweet thank you card. 

It felt so good to have quality time together and really talk and listen to each and for once I never even thought about work.

Darren gave me this lovely anniversary card and we've decided to try and have regular date nights where we take it in turns choosing what we do.




Work:
What's that?

Family:
You're my first, my last, my everything!

Social:
Sorted

Wellbeing:
Feeling really happy and loved.

Hannah Fox is a character.  She is based on our years of experience working for a national mental health charity supporting people facing stress in the workplace.  
The names and characters are not based on any one person and all similarities are purely incidental.
However, hopefully we can all see a little bit of ourselves in Hannah.

Pause for thought:
When was the last time you sat down and really listened to each other?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...