Friday 20 March 2015

Coffee Date Interview 7 - Hadi Brooks



Name: Hadi Brooks

Job Title: Owner at My Business Buddy and Rays Ice Cream






1. What drives you crazy at work?
Mess/ untidiness/ disorganisation

2. What’s the first thing you do on arriving at work?
If I'm in the shop I'll get everything set up for the day and then make a cup of tea. For My Business Buddy I'm usually working from home so I'll make a cup of tea, switch off the TV and fire up the laptop.





3. When the going gets tough......?
I get my head down and get on with things. There are good days and awful days when you're self-employed, but you're in charge of your own destiny so you need to work through the tough times.

4. How do you relax / wind down after a hard day at work?
Watch Corrie!

5. When you were little, what did you want to be?
I wanted to be a doctor when I was growing up. I chose my A Levels on that basis. I changed my mind at the last minute and went to do a Chemistry degree instead.

6. What eats up most of your time at work?
In Rays it is chatting to customers, which I love. With My Business Buddy being so new most of my time at the moment is taken responding to messages and researching potential new clients, but I'm hoping I'll get out a bit more with it soon.

7. What’s the best advice given to you?
Spend as little as you can when opening your business - you can upgrade to the shiny things later.

8. What are the 3 “always” in your life?
Tell my husband and daughter that I love them daily.
Do what I say I will when I say I will.
Be open and honest.

9. Night in or Night out?
Night in

10. Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey?
Gordon Ramsey

11. Del Boy or Rodney?
Rodney

12. Countryside or Seaside?
That's a really tough one - I love both but probably seaside


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...