Friday 15 May 2015

Coffee Date Interview 12 - Debs Nutt

 

 Name: Debs Nutt

Job Title: Partner at EC Harris



Best light bulb moment?
This is a tricky one, as a civil engineer we are not renowned for our light bulb moments…..but I suppose I would say deciding on becoming a civil engineer – I’ve not really looked back since!!

How do you relax / wind down after a hard day at work?
Typically I like to go for a run, playing my cornet or if it’s a Friday, nice glass of wine with a friend.

What’s the best advice given to you?
This is easy, when going to university one of my dads friends told me not to carry on with playing the trumpet, go and do other stuff as you can always pick an instrument up again in later life…..and he was so right!! I made the most of my Wednesday afternoons and Sundays skiing for the university and started playing the trumpet again when I started work!

When the going gets tough......?
Grit your teeth and get on with it….it’ll get better before too long.

What’s your top tip for staying on top of things and getting stuff done?
Write a list, prioritise, have a cup of tea then get on with it. I find if I think about the length of the list too much, then I panic and don’t start…then it just gets worse so I’ve learnt to “not put off till tomorrow what I can do today”



What’s the last thing you do at work before leaving?
Go to the loo – it’s usually a long car or train journey home! Then make sure I say goodbye to people


What one thing would you change about your job or place of work?
Honestly – probably nothing as I really enjoy what I do and the people I work with


What made you laugh this week?
An email my dearest friend sent me about Paddington Bear!

Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey?
Jamie Oliver

Marmite- yes or no?
Definitely yes!

Roller Coaster or Ferris Wheel?
Roller Coaster

Del Boy or Rodney?
Del Boy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...