Thursday 7 May 2015

Hannah Fox's Diary 14 - The Kitchen Yard

 

Haven’t had time to focus on work worries this week, we have a new contract with The Kitchen Yard who are opening up 6 outlets this year and we are providing all the POS material.  Yippee!  I first started talking to them in September last year and have been waiting to see if we are their preferred supplier, I feel I had worked really hard to come up with a competitive package.

Clive was out of the office last week and was a bit vague about where he was going, he breezed in this morning looking smug.

It turns out we were invited to a promo event at a Michelin Star Restaurant in the New Forest. The company sent an email thanking me for my input and were sorry to hear I couldn't attend the event.

Once again Clive is muscling in on freebies and perks and he knows I won’t be disloyal to the company and if I complain to him it’s going to make me sound unprofessional and petty. Aaaargh!

Before it was annoying and hurtful (even though I couldn't actually go anyway) but now I'm able to go out more, I could have gone. Darren thinks I am over reacting and says it was probably dull...I think I would be the best judge of that!

This has been niggling at me all day and has put me completely on my guard ………I keep thinking what else is he going to do? 

Work
In one way being left to hold the fort has meant I actually achieved what I am supposed to be doing rather than running around after Clipboard Clive.

Social 
We are all going out to the school social it will be good to meet up with the other parents.

Family 
The pizza was great and the kids enjoyed being in charge.

Well-being 

Did 2 Power Walks this week feeling good!



Hannah Fox is a character.  She is based on our years of experience working for a national mental health charity supporting people facing stress in the workplace.  
The names and characters are not based on any one person and all similarities are purely incidental.
However, hopefully we can all see a little bit of ourselves in Hannah.

Point to Ponder:

Can trust ever be regained?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...