Thursday 18 June 2015

Hannah Fox's Diary 20 - Stressed and Fed Up









We seem to be busier than ever, I spent most of today trying to fix up the new schedule with the Kitchen Appliance Company. Kitchen Yard were a dream to work with but I seem to be just coming up against a brick wall when I try to tie them down to a realistic POS delivery schedule and they keep emailing amendments to the order. Clipboard Clive has reverted to emailing me spreadsheets to complete, which is impossible as THEY KEEP CHANGING THE ORDER! Aaaaaaargh!!!

OK now breathe …………think I need to check out those relaxation exercises again, I did a few stretches at my desk and it released a bit of tension in my neck. I am slowly increasing my coffee consumption though and it’s been so hot I have been feeling really dehydrated.

I broached the subject with Darren about me increasing my hours and ended up having a "rowette" or as Darren put it, a sensible discussion about me increasing my hours, as he thinks I will struggle to do everything. He is worried because Amelia doesn’t go up to senior school for another year and we would have to sort out more childcare. He reminded me that I arrived late for her school play and she was really upset…..I did point out that he was also supposed to go but didn’t make it at all!!  Talk about stones and people in glass houses, …..but that doesn’t seem to count. Think I may have to park that one for a while.

Met up with Jo.  It was soooooo nice to catch up with her again as I haven’t seen her for a couple of weeks and she is off for a cycling holiday in Italy for 2 weeks ……….think I may have holiday envy. But hey I have got our trip Cornwall to look forward to …..can’t wait.  Oh gosh, I must think of who I can ask to look after Rita while we're away.... sorting child care if I increase my hours is one thing but I hadn't banked on having to sort out holiday guinea pig care too!!

Work
Busy busy busy

Family
See above

Social
Forgot I had promised to bake a couple of cakes for the fete this Saturday

Well being
Feeling tired and stressed






Hannah Fox is a character.  She is based on our years of experience working for a national mental health charity supporting people facing stress in the workplace.  The names and characters are not based on any one person and all similarities are purely incidental.  However, hopefully we can all see a little bit of ourselves in Hannah.

Point to Ponder

Why is childcare (and guinea pig care for that matter) never a truly shared responsibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...