Monday 9 November 2015

Well-being event at Swindon College - October 2015

At the end of last month I was invited to attend a Staff Well-being Event at Swindon College. As I had attended this brilliant event last year, I had high hopes for another good day and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

At last year's event I had a nautical theme to my stand with boats, waves and seashells.  This year to mark the start of autumn, I created a tree that, although it had already lost its leaves, was by no means empty....

The Work Smart Work Savvy Cup of Tea Advice Tree


The idea with the Cup of Tea Advice Tree is that 

  • you take a cup of tea with your chosen piece of advice or motivational quote from the tree, along with a herbal infusion teabag
  • then once back at your desk, you stick you cup of tea on your wall or pin board and brew your tea
  • whilst enjoying your cuppa, take a few minutes to think about how you're going to follow, live by or implement your piece of advice



Some lovely college people very kindly spent time writing their own advice or saying on a cup of tea to add back to the tree which was fabulous, thank you.  However as we were doing this on a Friday afternoon I was happy for people to just take, it was the end of the week after all.

I also showcased the very new Work Smart Work Savvy Box of Happiness.  I will share more on this another time but the idea here is that we can very easily fall into the trap of ruminating about what has happened in the past and worrying about what might happen in the future which in turns prevents us from spending time just enjoying the here and now.   The Box of Happiness is a little treat to help us appreciate what we have and increase our feeling of happiness.


I also had sneaky peeps at two of my on-line products; 

  • the on-line training course 4 Savvy Steps To Getting More Done Without Working More Hours 
  • the on-line Make It Happen Tool
Details of both of these can be found in my on-line shop; Make It Happen Tool here and 4 Savvy Steps To Getting More Done here.




Thank you to everyone who popped by for a chat, it was really lovely to meet you all.

Here are just a few of the pieces of advice the lovely people at Swindon College chose to take away with them....lots of wise words.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...